- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 chopped avocado
- 1/4 cup feta crumbled
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil, reduce the temperature to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes, and let sit covered for 5 minutes before letting it cool.
Prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Mix the quinoa, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, avocado, feta and chickpeas and toss in the mixture of the lemon juice, oil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.