Though brown rice and chickpeas are mildly acidic, the other ingredients balance them out making this a wonderful high protein, high fiber alkaline meal or side dish.
Course: Lunch, Main Course, Salad
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh line juice
- 1 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine brown rice, chickpeas, bell pepper, red onion, and cilantro. Toss gently to combine. Whisk together lime juice, honey, olive oil,, salt and pepper. Pour over rice mixture and toss to blend. Sprinkle with almonds.