Butternut Squash and Kale Stir Fry
This wonderful seasonal dish is perfect with roasted chicken or turkey. Load up on a large helping of squash and kale to offset the acidic nature of the chicken or turkey.
Course: Lunch, Main Course, Salad, Side Dish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut unrefined coconut oil
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 bunch kale leaves torn, stalks discarded
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder or cinnamon depending on your tastes
Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add the squash, sprinkle with salt, pepper and either chile powder or cinnamon.
Cook for several minutes until squash is golden brown and fork tender. Remove from skillet and put a side.
Add 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan, heat and then add kale to skillet. Cook for 3 minutes, frequently tossing with tongs.
Add in the cooked squash and gently toss together.